Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Community Pride

September 20, 2014 http://bit.ly/10l4buS 

Saturday is a beautification day, though today it is not at home.  (Drat!)  Do you ever participate in projects in your area?  I love the community pride that comes with a cleanup, though wish people felt enough personal accountability that they wouldn't throw their trash around to begin with.  (steps off soapbox)
Talking about community...I recently joined a new one not limited to a specific locale.  It is a group of people who are passionate about supporting handmade goods and small business and building our ability to get seen by the masses.  The Handmade Forum was started by a very dedicated Katie Joy and today I am celebrating her efforts and products.
Katie Joy has a great eye for fashionable, youthful pieces.  I would never dream these up (I'm a stones, wire and re-purposed leather girl), but would definitely wear them or give them as gifts.  Take a look...

image
imageimage

Cute, right?  
Oh, and this piece really makes me think of Halloween and candy corn:

image

I am horrible at costumes, so this would be something I might cheat with and call my costume.  It would also be a great addition to a modern suit or dress.  Love versatile pieces!
I would encourage you to take a look at her shop and see the many other beautiful baubles and bangles there.  

Alrighty...I am off to clean.  Hope you all do something to support your community today.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment